Monday, February 2, 2009

My First Blog!

Well, I have resisted these things long enough and have finally given in to setting up my own "spot" on the Internet. (Even though I don't have time for it!) I have three munchkins, one husband, three dogs, one cat and a full-time high-stress ER/Trauma nursing job. I see a hundred people everyday that I have to communicate with so why would I want to come home and have a "special" place to communicate all over again? Not that I don't enjoy other people but.....

Anyway...it's all because of a card-sharing contest on another awesome blog that I am attempting this. The only thing I enjoy more than nursing right now is crafting--especially making cards and other papercrafts. This wonderful blog called mojomonday.blogspot.com got me here. Every Monday there is a new card "template" you use to create a card. Once a month there is a contest for the best of the submissions and the top few winners get a prize. I have been looking at the cards for a few weeks but now I'm going to get brave and try one. I've been crafting since I was old enough to hold a crayon and even taught some creative lettering and pop-up classes when I was a scrapbooking demonstrator but I have never submitted any of my creations to a contest. So, when I decided I wanted to try and send a card in I discovered that you can't just send a file you have to send a "link" to it. And here I am. Hope you're not too bored! I promise that as I get warmed up to this blogging thing I will share some of my better medical stories. Of course names will be changed to protect the innocent (and my job in the case of the non-innocent).

Also, if I can figure out how to do it I will be adding links to all my favorite crafting and medical sites. I know, the two don't seem to go together. Actually, nurses are some of the most creative people on Earth. We have to fit splints around infinite sized body parts with only 3 sizes to choose from (I've actually used the maintenance guy's pliers once for that one), figure out how to hold down a squirming toddler, take the cap off of a needle, swipe the target with alcohol and inject the kid with just two hands in just two seconds, turn down multiple proposals from inebriated clientele with grace (nothing worse than a pissed-off, rejected drunk to have to give shots to), use medical tape (which every other patient is allergic to) to patch together myriad medical tubing, wires and bed rails. You wouldn't believe how many things a blanket or sheet can be used for!

Well, the munchkins need attention so off I go. The snow melted too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment